I WORK WITH COMPETITIVE ATHLETES OF ALL LEVELS,
BEGINNER TO PROFESSIONAL.
I enjoy helping athletes triumph over the obstacles that are inhibiting their performances and robbing their joy.
"Working with Ro taught me to trust in myself and my training more than I had before. It helped me to realize, and come to accept and appreciate, that the challenges I face as an amateur runner are the same as those faced by professionals. That we all struggle with doubt and that at the end of the day its one foot in front of the other — smile through it, trust in what has gotten me here, and enjoy the ride. I am ready for this. Thanks Ro!" – Nicole, NYC
DO ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- You’re training hard and want to succeed, but find yourself struggling to perform in races.
- You feel stressed and nervous before competition and it's negatively affecting your performances.
- You’re goal-oriented and determined, but are falling short of your goals.
- Your low confidence ("I'm just not good enough") distracts you when you need to be at the top of your game.
- You're ready to take your performances to the next level and get the most out of yourself.
- You're injured and feeling low and disillusioned with your sport.
- You've lost the loving feeling for the sport that used to light you up and are contemplating quitting.
Take My Runner Personality Quiz Here. (Find out if you are a worrier or a warrior.)
My mission is to help athletes to realize their own strengths, secure the tools to cope with the stresses of competition, train more effectively and contribute meaningfully to their community.
If you are ready to get your head in the game and have more fun than ever, I can help!
"I worked with Ro on mental skills sharpening in preparation for the Track & Field Olympic Trials. In the lead-up to one of the most important races in my career, Ro helped me train my mind so that my race-day mental fortitude matched my physical fitness. With her expert guidance, I was able to hone the skills I needed to enhance my performance and reach my potential on the big stage. Ro is thoughtful, patient, a good listener, and invested in my success - I'm so grateful that Ro is part of my running support team!" – Kaitlyn Gregg, Strava TC, US International Athlete & Olympic Trials Qualifier
WHAT A SPORT PSYCHOLOGY COACH CAN DO FOR YOU
- Learn to set goals that are meaningful and manageable
- Develop self-awareness to know what works and doesn't for you
- Learn to deal with adversity, balancing schedules and outside stressors
- Go after your athletic dreams with confidence and a clear vision
- Perform at your best when you need to
"Heading into an Olympic year I found I had spent years training my body and honing my craft but, had left the mental component hanging out to dry. Ro helped me sift through all the bits and pieces of how I got into "race day mode" to help me make a cohesive plan I can put into effect in any situation. From being able to block out and redirect energy leaks to practicing being mindful and present I can now go into my racing and training focused on maximizing the opportunity." – Collier Lawrence, LittleWing, US Olympic Trials Qualifier
I work with individual athletes and teams to develop holistic mental training plans to suit their performance needs.
- Performance Enhancement Training
- Pre-Competition Mental Skills Sharpening
- Short-Term Sport Focused Counseling
- Relaxation and Visualization Techniques
- Dealing With Injuries, Setbacks, Coaches and Transitions
- Dare to Dream™: An age-appropriate goal-setting workshop for children ages 5-18
- Sisters In Sport™: A workshop developed specifically for female athletes ages 12-18
- Compete + Learn . A comprehensive workshop that teaches mental skills training and the art of distilling the lessons from every competition.
"Ro has helped me transform into a more confident athlete, her strategies on how to deal with negative thoughts in races and how to calm the nerves have helped me immensely" - Matt, RI State Champion and record holder
GET IN TOUCH
Contact me today to set up a FREE consultation, ask about pricing, or book an appointment or workshop: Ro@believeiam.com
P.S. Take my Runners Personality Quiz and let me know if you're a worrier or a warrior!